Did you know that you can become dehydrated in cold weather? That’s right. We normally think of the dangers of dehydration when it is hot outside, but up to 60% of a person's body weight is water and it only takes a 1- to 2% drop in that percentage to cause dehydration. So, staying hydrated is really important - regardless of the weather.
Try these five simple ways to keep hydrated this winter:
1. Keep drinking water. When it’s cold outside, your body feels cooler tricking you into thinking that you are not as thirsty. Keep a water bottle with you at all times, so water is readily available to drink even if you’re not thirsty.
2. Be sure to eat your fruits and veggies. Especially hydrating are leafy greens like spinach which contain Chlorophyll. An emerging “superfood,” Chlorophyll will help you stay hydrated with the added benefits of vitamins and antioxidants.
3. Avoid dehydrating fluids. Not all fluids help with hydration. Alcohol and drinks that are high in caffeine can make dehydration worse.
4. Wake up and hydrate. Drink a class of water as soon as you wake up in the morning. This will jump start your hydration level for the day’s activities.
5. Drink your Chlorophyll. To stay hydrated, try new products on the market likeVerday Chlorophyll Water. Verday comes in great tasting flavors like watermelon, cucumber, and lemon with the added benefit of 100mg of Chlorophyll to help you stay hydrated and energized in any weather.