From celebrities to athletes, folks are embracing a plant-based lifestyle as part of an overall shift towards healthier living. Here are five everyday items that have been making the move to plant-based.
1. Laundry detergent. The move in laundry detergents is away from toxic chemicals and towards plant-based. Plant-based laundry cleaning brands are free of chemicals chlorine and dyes and make doing laundry more healthy and are better for the environment.
2. Home cleaning products. Even big brands like Clorox are embracing the plant-based trend and have created brands that clean dishes and home surfaces and are powered by plants.
3. Milk. Non-dairy milks, including soy, almond, rice and coconut milk, are juices from nuts, seeds, and grains have been trending. What started as an option for those who are lactose intolerant, this plant-based trend has blossomed.
4. Disposable paper products. These consumables are used by the masses for everything from cook-outs to parties and are now available in plant-based form. Made from plants like bamboo, leaves, sugarcane fiber, corn, and potato, they are biodegradable and compostable alternative to the plastic, and paper products.
5. Water. As consumers continue to move away from sugary drinks, plant-based waters are taking up the slack. Products like Verday Chlorophyll Water provide consumers with plant-powered hydration and the healthy benefits of Chlorophyll. Each bottle of Verday contains 100mg of Chlorophyll; more than 2 shots of wheatgrass, 4 cups of spinach or 12 cups of arugula.